Firefox 24 was released today by Mozilla. We've added this browser to our testing cloud and it's available to all users for cross-browser testing.
Try Mozilla Firefox 24 in Browserling now!
New in Firefox 24
- Support for new scrollbar style in Mac OS X 10.7 and newer.
- Implemented Close tabs to the right.
- Social: Ability to tear-off chat windows to view separately by simply dragging them out.
- Accessibility related improvements on using pinned tabs.
- Removed support for Revocation Lists feature.
- Performance improvements on New Tab page loads.
- Replace fixed-ratio audio resampler in webrtc.org capture code with Speex resampler and eliminate pseudo-44000Hz rate.
Developer News in Firefox 24
- Major SVG rendering improvements around Image tiling and scaling.
- Improved and unified Browser console for enhanced debugging experience, replacing existing Error console.
- Removed support for sherlock files that are loaded from application or profile directory.
Security Fixes in Firefox 24
- GC hazard with default compartments and frame chain restoration.
- User-defined properties on DOM proxies get the wrong "this" object.
- Memory corruption involving scrolling.
- Buffer overflow with multi-column, lists, and floats.
- Compartment mismatch re-attaching XBL-backed nodes.
- Shared object library loading from writable location.
- WebGL Information disclosure through OS X NVIDIA graphic drivers.
- Uninitialized data in IonMonkey.
- Same-origin bypass through symbolic links.
- Mozilla Updater does not lock MAR file after signature verification.
- Use-after-free with select element.
- NativeKey continues handling key messages after widget is destroyed.
- Use-after-free in Animation Manager during stylesheet cloning.
- Integer overflow in ANGLE library.
- Improper state in HTML5 Tree Builder with templates.
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards.
Known Issues in Firefox 24
- Firefox 24.0 crashes with the Norton Toolbar. More information.
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash.
Happy cross-browser testing in Firefox 24!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!